"Gulabi Gang" is a gang of women in India who track down and beat abusive husbands with brooms.
this is too thug not to reblog
That’s not all they do - they’ve got more information on their website.
What else they do that is awesome:
- Stop child marriages
- Persuade families to educate girl-child
- Train women in self-defense
- Oppose corruption in administration
- Create awareness about the evils of dowry
- Register FIRs against sex-offenders and abusive husbands
- Publicly shame molesters
- Encourage women to become financially independent
ULTIMATE GIRL POWER
Artist Creates ‘Decaying’ Paintings As Visual Representation Of Neglect
by Valerie Hegarty
Sex Education in American Public Schools
The third map is really freaking me out. “Don’t have to be medically accurate.” WHAT.
Texy at Disneyland
Shanti ~ ॐ
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozled has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
« Carl Sagan (via thinksquad)